The holiday season is upon us! That means visits to the family, good food and new memories. This great Seafood Stuffed Mushrooms recipe from Wicked Fishah Ryan Dubay would be perfect to take along to those occasions or to serve at your own gathering. For those of you who know Ryan, you know that he is a trained Chef. He’s got an excellent palate and loves to use local grown or harvested ingredients. You would also know that Ryan is a dedicated fisherman and therefore loves to create recipes with the bounties that he catches or collects in New England waters. Typically, stuffed mushrooms are considered an “Italian” appetizer and are therefore created with bread crumbs, cheese, herbs and olive oil. But, we are Wicked Fishahs and therefore, we must have something from the ocean involved! Right? Enjoy!
10-12 Silver Dollar Button Mushrooms
4 oz Scallops
4 oz Shrimp
21 Ritz crackers
4 Tablespoons Butter (1 reserved & melted)
1/3 Cup White Wine
2 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
3 T Minced Onion
1/2 t Old Bay Seasoning
1 Scallion (chopped)
Black Pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1. Process the shrimp and scallops into a rough paste in a food processor.
2. Finely crush Ritz crackers.
3. Combine 3 tablespoons butter, white wine, garlic, scallion, lemon juice, Old Bay Seasoning & black pepper in pot and simmer for 10 minutes…
4. Fold the seafood mixture, butter mixture, and crumbs together to form the stuffing.
5. Remove and discard mushroom stems and stuff the mushrooms with the mixture.
6. Brush remaining tablespoon of butter on the top of the mushrooms & bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and caps are cooked through.
7. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with a lemon wedge.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! Check back for more deliciousness in the near future! In the mean time, keep spreading the word about Wicked Fishah. The blog, our Facebook Page, Twitter, & Pinterest. If you’d like to submit your own seafood recipes, please do so at WickedFishah@gmail.com!